Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Patience is a Virtue

They say that slow and steady wins the race... maybe I'm getting older but lately it seems like the truth behind this old saying is coming to light.


I have been working on some major things for my department for almost 2 years and they are just now coming to fruition.  After a few false starts and some setbacks, things are finally moving in the right direction and at a much faster pace.


Sorry for getting carried away, because by now, you're probably wondering what the hell I'm talking about. The thing I am most surprised to finally be getting off the ground is our Squad Technician Program.  This is house training curriculum was designed by somemajor of our own subject matter experts, brothers from across the country, and myself. 


It all started when I was placed in charge of our Equipment Committee.  We soon realized that the piece of apparatus that had the most room for improvement was our Heavy Rescue Squad.  We took a look at the risks we had present in our first and second due areas and realized that while we were blessed to have some of the best equipment that money can buy, we were still ill equipped and ill prepared to mitigate many different types of rescue scenarios. So over the course of the past two years we have put a program together and it is just now getting off the ground.


This blog post might be pretty pointless but I'm thrilled and couldn't be in a better mood to head to FDIC tomorrow for the education, freebies, and brotherhood that comes with the best weekend of the year. I promise to expand on the background of the squad technician program soon.


Stay safe!


Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.4

No comments:

Post a Comment